Welcome to the companion website for the second edition of The Graduate Career Guidebook!
Written by experienced careers advisor Steve Rook, this indispensable guide will help students to develop the skills they need to land their dream job. It breaks the career planning process down into manageable steps, from researching roles and gaining work experience to crafting a stand-out CV and impressing at interview.
Browse this site to discover a wealth of additional resources for students and lecturers*.
- Author videos
- A selection of activities and self-assessments from the book, which can be downloaded and adapted by students to meet their needs
- More inspiring case studies from recent graduates
- Additional guidance on navigating the career planning process
- Links to further resources
Teaching Resources (coming soon)
- PowerPoints to help you and your students get the most out of The Graduate Career Guidebook
- Engaging class activities
- Assessment suggestions and marking grids
*Lecturer resources are password protected – please use the “Request Access” button in the sidebar to gain access.
“This is the one must-have guide for every student confused or daunted by today’s careers landscape. You won’t find a more comprehensive yet practical guide anywhere else. It adds real value to students from day one of their course to beyond graduation.
- Martin Hanneghan, Liverpool John Moores University, UK
“Written in an accessible and engaging way, The Graduate Career Guidebook offers practical advice, activities, reflective exercises and anecdotes to help students make the most of opportunities available to them. Tertiary students of any level will find value in Rook’s guide and its companion website.
- Michelle Harvey, University of South Australia