About this book
Covering all the fundamental topics in hydraulics and hydrology, this text is essential reading for undergraduate students and practising engineers around the world who want an accessible, thorough and trusted introduction to the subject. By encouraging readers to work through examples, try simple experiments and continually test their own understanding as the book progresses, the text quickly builds confidence. This hands-on approach aims to show students just how interesting hydraulics and hydrology are, as well as providing an invaluable reference resource for practising engineers.
- an easy-to-read, engaging text
- a wealth of worked examples to reinforce the theory
- boxed highlights and Remember! features
- Self Test and Revision Questions with solutions
- a wide range of figures and photographs
This third edition includes:
- Updates on climate change, flood risk management, flood alleviation, design considerations when developing greenfield sites, and the design of storm water sewers
- A new chapter on sustainable storm water management
Les Hamill is Senior Lecturer in Civil Engineering, School of Marine Science and Engineering, University of Plymouth, UK.